This course is for:
- Absolute beginners, who want to learn to create their own professionally sounding tracks.
- Musicians and producers who would like to step up their game and take music production, songwriting and arrangement to the next level.
You will learn to
- Create rhythms, bass lines, harmonies and melodies.
- Critically analyse tracks.
- Create musical arrangements.
- Design your own sound with synthesizers and samplers.
- Record edit and manipulate sounds.
- Mix and master tracks to professional standards.
- Use industry standard music production software (DAW) Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic Pro, Reaper, Ableton Live
- Perform live.
Upon the completion of the course and successful presentation of the final project, you will receive a diploma and some great material for your portfolio.
Course length: 50 hours
Price: 242 € per month (8 hours) * you can choose the course intensity yourself.
All lessons are private meetings with a tutor at our school/studio in Riga or an online session in Google Hangouts.
If you only want to take a part of the course, you can choose an hourly rate, although if you take the entire course, you save 35%.
Get a free consultation with the tutor before you begin the course!
- History and overview of the musical genres.
- Rhythm and groove.
- Intro to recording sound and MIDI.
- Audio and MIDI editing.
- Audio and MIDI effects.
- Intro to sound design: using synthesizers.
- Hardware and software synths.
- Classifying and designing different sound timbres.
- Using samples in sound design.
- Intro to music theory: tones, intervals, chords, scales, modes, tonalities.
- Chord progressions, circle of fifth.
- Sevenths chords and other types of chords.
- Creating musical tension and release.
- Advanced scales, creating melodies and bass lines.
- Developing pitch and rhythm.
- Arranging: voicings, transitions, developments, modulations.
- Analysing tracks using software.
- Popular composition methods.
- Arranging for different genres.
- Using the DAW for live performances.
- Using Eq, saturation.
- Dynamic controllers: compressors, expanders, gates.
- Time based effects: delay, reverb and others. Stereo image.
- Mastering the track.
- Using effects with the arrangement.
- Modern music industry: how to make money with your music.
- Working on your final track. Composing, recording, mixing, mastering.
- Final exam.