This course is for
- Anyone who is looking to with sound in the studio or at home.
- For anyone who would like to work with live sound.
You will learn to
- Design project recording studios, know your way around gear, monitoring systems and room acoustics.
- Record various musical instruments, work with bands in a studio or live environment.
- Edit the recorded material, mix and master tracks.
- Understand the nature of sound, design your own sounds with synthesisers and samples.
- Use various software (Digital Audio Workstation – DAW) Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic Pro, Reaper, Ableton Live
Upon the completion of the course and successful presentation of the final project, you will receive a diploma and some great material for your portfolio.
Course length: 50 hours
Price: 242 € per month (8 hours) * you can choose the course intensity yourself.
All lessons are private meetings with a tutor at our school/studio in Riga or an online session in Google Hangouts.
If you only want to take a part of the course, you can choose an hourly rate, although if you take the entire course, you save 35%.
Get a free consultation with the tutor before you begin the course!
- Sound theory, acoustics.
- Signal path, analog and digital recording.
- Intro to DAW.
- Audio interfaces.
- Microphone theory: what they are and how to use them.
- Recording musical instruments: vocals, guitars, keyboards, drums.
- Recording a live band.
- Organising the workflow.
- Editing the material.
- The DAW: virtual instruments, effects.
- Working with MIDI, take comping.
- EQ, saturation
- Dynamic controllers (compressors, expanders, gates).
- Time based effects: delay, reverb.
- Learning to listen.
- Analysing the track.
- Мixing with a reference track.
- Sound design. Synthesizers and samplers.
- Using loudness meters and spectral analyzers when working on a mix.
- Loudness standards.
- Audio formats and media.
- Publishing the track on different platforms.
- Designing a workspace: room acoustics, using room measuring software. Solving the problems.
- Working on the final project. Recording a live bang or engineering a live show.