You may also like…
Sound design is the art of creating timbres and sounds by using synthesizers, samplers, and effects.
The studies will cover the following subjects:
- Timbre and sound structure
- Principles of sound synthesis and acoustic recording
- Musical instrument structure with principles of acoustics
- Application of synthesizers and samplers for timbre and virtual music instrument creation
- Making-up sound
- Study of popular synthesizer models
A the end of the cycle of studies you will be able to create required timbres and master any synthesizer or sampler model.
First, you’ll need to pass the exams on the following subjects: Methods of Audio Recording and Processing, Psychoacoustics
Length: 4 hours lectures, 6 hours tutorials, independent work.
Grading: test, exam, project presentation